Monday, April 6, 2009
Santiago has Hodgkins Lymphoma
Our dear friends and fellow co-workers Alfredo and Juana Medina recently found out that their four year old son, Santiago is in Stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. As many of you know we are praying and planning to go to Santa Marta to plant churches with the Medina family. While we recognize that this could change those plans some, we are more concerned with Santiago's health right now and ask that you would join us in fervent prayer with and for them. The Medina's have faced many attacks and discouragement's lately in ministry and we all feel that someone (Satan) does not want us going to Santa Marta to start a new work!
Please be praying for the Medina family during this time in the following ways:
1. That the chemotherapy and radiation kills all of the cancer cells in Santiago's body. That God would do a miracle and restore Santiago to good health.
2. That God will give a special comfort during this time to Alfredo and Juana. Being parents and watching your child suffer and facing the possible loss of life if God doesn't intervene is always difficult.
3. That Alfredo would be able to balance life and ministry as he continues to minister at the church in Tenjo. Pray for Alfredo as he must step away from many duties in order to care for his family at this time.
4. For Alfredo's mom and two sisters. That through this difficult time they would come to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
5. That Santiago would not get too sick from the treatments. He has been dealing with the typical symptoms of chemotherapy treatment (fatigue, lack of energy, sickness, etc.)
6. A special blessing for Juana as a mom from God.
7. That God would be glorified in all of is!